• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with a BTX (1 Viewer)

Good evening everyone,

I recently purchased the BTX & 95mm objective lens, and following that I got the Phone Skope case for my iPhone 11 with the correct adapter but I have found that the image is way too small when viewed (i.e I have to zoom the phone up to 4.5x to clear most but not all of the vignetting) & the images are awful to say the least.

I used to get much better images with my iPhone 6 & ATS 65 & that was years ago so I was wandering where I could be going wrong!!.

I was curious if anyone else had a similar setup & if they were getting good (decent?) images.

Thank you

Hi! Sorry to hear that digiscoping is not so easy with your scope.

I don't have a BTX, but you might get more replies if you post something in the Swarovski forums on BF. I don't know how many people will see this here.

Good luck!

I have the BTX with a 115 objective using iPhone 14 and the Swarovski VPA adaptor. Some zooming is also required - result from today in poor light

Attachments

• 67AD3DEF-C273-4C9D-BED1-36E05EF918D4.jpeg
    67AD3DEF-C273-4C9D-BED1-36E05EF918D4.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 29
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back