• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Taking The Hello Plunge.... (1 Viewer)

twitterpated_ramblings

United States
Heyah there fellow feather lovers! I'm a 36 year old stay at home animal Mom and Nanny to my amazing Nephew which I absolutely cherish even if he is of the human child and not animal variety. HaHaHa! I am on the North East side of the United States, South Central Pennsylvania to be more specific. I've lived in this house my entire life, so everything about it, indoors and out is etched in my memory. From the time I was a little girl, I spent my time outdoors, typically pretending to ride horses or be some type of animal protecting my nest and eggs, so my empathetic connection and unconditional love for nature and animals began before I even understood what an empath was! Needless to say, despite my young compassion, my hardworking Mom quickly put an end to me using the eggs from the refrigerator as "my eggs" for "my nests". Hey, at least when I was shimmying up those trees to check out the real bird's nests I wasn't stealing their eggs to sit on and pretend hatch! Life is a funny, insane thing! Alright, back on track... I have just very recently took up bird watching and feeding, but have quickly grown to discover that I thoroughly enjoy it, and have found myself getting far more invested, as well as happier than I had expected, and I am perfectly ok with this! I figured I'd give bird feeding a try when my best friend and furry sidekick of 15 years passed away. He and I always enjoyed watching the different types of birds and the squirrels collect their morning brekkie in the still of the early misty morning. I even caught myself starting to enjoy watching them interact with eachother and just be in the moment so much, I started to name them and learn little things about them, my Dad has already nicknamed Snow White. I probably should have used that as my screen name, aye, it is what it is :) So, before I wrap up my introduction, I just want to send out a warm hello to everyone and let it be known from the very start that I am 100% here to listen, learn, and kindly share, so any of your knowledge and/or info is always welcome and I will never take a correction or better suggestion as an insult or offensively, please, feel free to ramble away and share what you know, I love to learn :) I do have a question I've been seeking some advice with since I began my feeding and watching adventure, but I don't want to misuse the welcome thread, so if you're the type of person who likes giving advice, please look for an upcoming post from me titled, "Squirrels, and Ducks, and Birds, Oh My"! LoL! Thank you very kindly for taking the time to read my mini introduction novel. HaHa, the name doesn't lie, I have no problem in the chatting department! Again, thank you very much, I'm super happy to have found this forum and am looking very forward to getting to know some fellow people who share my passion! Best of wishes, and much light and love to you and yours! -Snow White/You Can Call Me Rae

Attachments

• boho hot tea kinda morning.jpg
    boho hot tea kinda morning.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 14
Hi Rae and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hey all! I sincerely apologize for the super delayed response, things have been unbelievably crazy these days, even when there is a moment to relax, my brain and body don’t seem to comprehend the concept of slowing down. LoL! So, I’m going to make a conscious effort to visit the forum more frequently! I love reading everyone’s posts and educating myself through people’s real-life experiences and knowledge! Again, I apologize for my delayed display of appreciation, and thank you all very kindly for the warm welcome 🕊

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back