• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tennessee Warbler??? Ohio, June 21 (1 Viewer)

qwerty5

Controversial opinion generator
United States
If this were May, I would have no question. But it's late June, the least likely time for a Tennessee Warbler to be in southwest Ohio (besides winter). Just wondering if there is something stupid I'm missing. Could this song be from anything other than a Tennessee Warbler? https://ebird.org/checklist/S142245475

There's no other species with that 3-part, staccato song, and your recording is fairly good quality to leave no doubt. Great find!

At least in Pennsylvania, a few banding operations have documented Tennessee Warblers appearing in the western part of the state in late June. The thinking is that they're post-breeding birds wandering partway south before completing their molt.

There's no other species with that 3-part, staccato song, and your recording is fairly good quality to leave no doubt. Great find!

At least in Pennsylvania, a few banding operations have documented Tennessee Warblers appearing in the western part of the state in late June. The thinking is that they're post-breeding birds wandering partway south before completing their molt.
Thanks for confirming. It's interesting to hear what it may be doing here. Certainly strange to have the rarest find of my life so far be a Tennessee Warbler...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back