• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds seen in Botswana (1 Viewer)

I've been going through photos taken on Safari this past June and have identified almost every bird shot but I am not confident about 6 of them. Hoping this wonderful community can help. I'll number them. Again, these were all in Botswana in late May/early June:

1) Are these Swamp Warblers, Reed Warblers, or perhaps something else? This was taken in the Jao concession near the top of the Okavango Delta.
Swamp Warblers or Reed Warblers.jpg

2) Is this perhaps a juvenile Francolin of some kind? This was taken in the Linyanti concession near the Savute Channel.
Juvenile Francolin.jpg

3) Is this a Goshawk, perhaps? This was taken in the Chitabe concession near the bottom of the Okavango Delta.
Goshawk.jpg

4) Is this perhaps a juvenile Batelier? This was taken in the Chitabe concession near the bottom of the Okavango Delta.
53413143014_b10191874d_o.jpg

5) Is this a Bittern? This was taken in the Jao concession near the top of the Okavango Delta.
Bittern.jpg

6) Any thoughts on which type of vulture this is? White-backed? This was taken in the Chitabe concession near the bottom of the Okavango Delta.
Vulture.jpg

and FWIW all the other bird photos are here. THANK YOU!

Black centered greater coverts, grey mantle with black streaks, all plain face and rufous on head and rufous wing panel all good for Levaillant's
Grey-backed and Rufous-winged other candidates, location please!

EDIT: Botswana, so forget these ones

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back