• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Biggest Twitch Talk on 3/11/11 (1 Viewer)

Nick French

Alan Davies and Ruth Miller will be giving their talk on the year odyssey to see as many bird species as possible to the Chester and District Ornithological Society on 3 Nov at the Caldy Valley Centre, Chester. Non members are very welcome - price 50p on the door (excellent value :t:).

The Caldy Valley Centre is near the Sainsbury Supermarket south of Chester, just off the A41/A55/A5115 roundabout.

I attended this talk at Stithians in Cornwall. Absolutely superb.

Delivered at a great pace, packed with info. If your'e in that area this is a must.

They signed books as well for those intrested in that.

hi nick what buses run that way from chester stn please
:cat:MIKE|=)|

Mike
The 41B runs from the station to Boughton, Caldy Valley Road, Sainsburys stop (I am not sure where this is so you would would have to ask the driver). The last bus leaves at 19:00 from the station so that would get you to the Centre on time. However, the last return bus would be before the end of the talk. You may need to cadge a lift back to the station. Unfortunately I am not able to attend so I cannot offer a lift.

Hope you can make it.
Nick

Hi Nick,
Appreciate the post & my brother & I will be attending, As we're travelling from the far south of the county, would just like to check that it's not necessary to pre-book admission.
Pepe

Sorry Nick mis read the post as 31/1/11, disappointed we missed it, but better luck next time I guess.
Pepe

Last edited:
Hi Nick,
Appreciate the post & my brother & I will be attending, As we're travelling from the far south of the county, would just like to check that it's not necessary to pre-book admission.
Pepe

Sorry Nick mis read the post as 31/1/11, disappointed we missed it, but better luck next time I guess.
Pepe

That is a shame Pepe - they are giving their talk at other locations so hopefully you can catch them. I know they are on the CAWOS programme - see the thread in this forum.

Nick

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back