• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The return of Fluffy? (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth Bigg

Addicted member
Back in August, I started my first thread on BF, telling about our funny little bluetit - it can be seen at:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=7220&highlight=fluffy

It took me a while before I managed to attach a picture, and it's rather poor quality as it was taken through a double glazed window. It can be seen on the entry for 10th August. I later added another picture showing her with her two survivving chicks.

She stayed around with the chicks for quite a while after they fledged, but we have not seen her for ages now. We wondered if she had fallen off her perch, or whether her plumage had returned to normal after the moult. However in the last two or three days, we have seen a bluetit on one of the peanut feeders - and the feathers are all in disarray, so we are wondering if Fluffy is back.

The CP4500 arrived (at last) today, so we'll have to hurry up and get all the rest of the gear to have a go at getting a digiscoped photo of her, if she keeps coming.

We'll continue to monitor the box where she had her brood - maybe she'll pop inside to check it out, or even start roosting there.

Cool that reminds me about my Great Tits when they first arrived into my nestbox in April (god seems like a long time now) and enjoyed watching them go in and out and I loved seeing the chicks mouths through the hole that was lovely I rember sittin in the garden sunbathing watching the parents go in and out n hear them cheerping away

That would be good news if it is Fluffy.

It makes a big difference if you can identify individual birds visiting the garden. I have a robin that I refer to as 'Droopy', on account of his right wing drooping slightly. He has been occupying the territory for two years now so his 'disability' obviously doesn't hinder him at all.

Woody

Nina P said:
Glad to hear your news Elizabeth, and hope it is her... Nice when the familiar birds return now eh?

Yes - if only we could tell which birds are "ours". Families of bluetits in our camera equipped nest boxes for the last two breeding seasons, then just the one that we watched in 2001. Also last year we had a robin brood in an open-fronted box, and we managed to get a few photos of them. I could sit in my car, with the back door of the garage open and watch them - quite a comfortable "hide" really.

We often wonder how many of these have survived, and still visit our garden.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back