• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thrush Nightingale and Blyth's Reed Warbler Art <3 (1 Viewer)

Hello! I am a HUUUGE fan of Blyth's Reed Warbler and Thrush Nightingale and my main mission every year is to record their songs every night between May to June at 23am till 3am and then I illustrate the audios with images + bird onomatopoeia with the best parts in their song :D. Hope You like these :). I have been doing this for 5-6 years now. As BRWs are the most rhythmic and melodic birds ever in my country, it's always a mission to get as many different BRWs as I can in 2-3 weeks. I always am surprised what cool beats they do! They sing so little time in Estonia... I always feel heartbroken when I cannot hear anymore their songs when the time is over and have to wait 12 months for new season. This Year I got 12 diff nightingales and 13 different BRWs, around 23 hours of audio! Eagerly am waiting new season <3. Every bird gets named so I know which one I have already "got" and which one is new. I name them after their song and sometimes the location. Sometimes I animate them too, with animated onomatopoeia to show the coolest parts the bird makes and with the bird itself! Viiiido!
Dubstep26Mai.png
Friido.png Madli2022.png

Last edited:
Here is the Meeko the BRW animation I currently am working on. It was on pause while I collected new bird songs, now i have more time to finish this. Such moments are the reason why I am so so so in love with this bird and their songs and what motivates me to animate.

And if you guys are curious, this is my animation progress, here is Biarko the Thrush nightingale doing his "vipp vipp vippoo" what is very iconic TNG song part <3

Sorry... I have no idea where can I edit the previous post... I tried to look and I could not find edit button. I apologise...

Here I made a sound test of BRW song, by extracting different sounds from it, sometimes even sliced bigger sounds into smaller pieces. Maybe it helps ornithologists and hobby birders to id different mimicry this species does. As sometimes it's harder to ID them when bird sings and all sounds are together and bird ID machine gives BRW. When I have heard the sounds seperate I can rememeber that ahhaa this bird i have heard somewhere. Plus I am also interested too what mimicry they catch up to make these epic tempos :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back