• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TIR, prism choice and its effect on image quality (3 Viewers)

My mates said I had been on a blind date, which was cruel.
Maybe so, or maybe not. Modern societal rules are being made on a continual basis, and while genuine concern may be the emotional rationale for people in support of condemning others who may or may not deserve it, the originators of such new rules have no concern whatsoever for the people they pretend to be protecting.

Your story was just fine without that little tidbit blasting your ‘friends’ and it had nothing at all to do with the subject at hand.

Before we could talk about preferences, we needed to calibrate listeners, programme material etc just for the 'ability to perceive a difference'.
This reminds me of accounts I've read of experts on discriminating tastes and smells. Ability varies, and experience/training is required.

But most people just like what they like, and that's fine... as long as they don't imagine there's anything more to it than that.

This reminds me of accounts I've read of experts on discriminating tastes and smells. Ability varies, and experience/training is required.

But most people just like what they like, and that's fine... as long as they don't imagine there's anything more to it than that.
One of the most quotable posts ever; makes me want to turn it into a wall poster!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back