• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trinovid bn 8x32, are they still worthy? (1 Viewer)

Adding to the original question, I have been super happy with my 8x32 BN's over the last few years. They definitely out perform my partners Vortex Razor HD's. For a compact set of Alpha bins that are rock solid, they are definitely my favorite.

I just reread this thread with pleasure, one of my favorite ever on BF. I ended up buying b_reynolds' BNs. They are terrific. We also have Conquest HDs and Nikon SEs in 8x32. Each is its own special thing. While the HDs are more modern and pop-ey, the only set my wife regularly picks up and looks through and says, "I like these binoculars" are the BNs...that says a lot to me. The view out is so natural and easy.

I just reread this thread with pleasure, one of my favorite ever on BF. I ended up buying b_reynolds' BNs. They are terrific. We also have Conquest HDs and Nikon SEs in 8x32. Each is its own special thing. While the HDs are more modern and pop-ey, the only set my wife regularly picks up and looks through and says, "I like these binoculars" are the BNs...that says a lot to me. The view out is so natural and easy.

So glad you both are enjoying them! If I didnt have to fund other bino's, I would have never sold. They are beautiful bino's that are built superbly. The view is just so nice.

Hi Ries, ours are about one and a quarter turns lock to lock. I have not noticed either too fast or slow focus, which indicates to me it is about right.

Last edited:
I've had three Ultravids. Two 7x42s and an 8x42. Great bins all but I still prefer my 8x32BNs for the way they handle and their ease of view. The little 32mm Ultravids I have used briefly but never owned. They do have the Ultravid shape however, albeit scaled down, and I prefer the Trinovid shape.
This is one of the posts that helped lead me to buying an 8x32 BN and it's one of the great things about keeping older threads going. Don't have them in hand yet, but definitely excited to start carrying them on a daily basis.

Enjoy! I will say even though mine had been serviced recently, I just sent ours back to Leica to get some sand/grit out of the focus - came back better than ever. Very worthwhile $200...

Enjoy - I think these are a great value.

They showed up and other than compactness-wise, the BN is night and day better than my older B version. Only problem now is that I also just received a pair of Ultravid HD+ which I like more for their even better low light view, more compact feel in hand and less weight.

The day the BN's showed up they just seemed so perfect, and I'll likely keep all three, but the HD+ instantly became my favorite, again, more because of less bulk and weight, but also at times due to the marginally better view.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back