• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TS ED Spotting Scope 20-60 x 80mm (1 Viewer)

Hello..the scope looks a lot like the Synta made Acuter ED or Celestron Ultima ED..I think You can get a better deal in an 80mm Ultima ED than the price asked by TS..For that budget I probably would give a try to the Celestron Regal FL,a newer model with better features like two speed focuser ,sun shade and rotatory tripod collar,not to mention the use of Universal 1 1/4 astronomy eyepieces.....

Hello..the scope looks a lot like the Synta made Acuter ED or Celestron Ultima ED..I think You can get a better deal in an 80mm Ultima ED than the price asked by TS..For that budget I probably would give a try to the Celestron Regal FL,a newer model with better features like two speed focuser ,sun shade and rotatory tripod collar,not to mention the use of Universal 1 1/4 astronomy eyepieces.....

Thank you very much!
I thought to that because of the weight and the fact that it accepts Universal 1 1/4 astronomy eyepieces too. By the way Celestron regal f-ed 80 ed is the one you mentioned?

Yes Indeed...They have released a Mark II Regal F-ED,with a different color body(green)and considerably lighter build, but the best deals are probably on the older model (grey) that is being discontinued. I have seen the 80mm for around 450 eu on Ebay UK,not too long ago..The Celestron Ultima ED 80 can be found even for less...

I would agree with our bull chasing friend here, in general TS are on the expensive side. They sell ave stuff at TOP prices (something which germans are good at).

bargains elsewhere....

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back