• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Twenty questions: UK version (3 Viewers)

To summarise-

1)Is it a migrant?- yes
2)Is it a passerine? -no
3)Is it a wading bird -no
4)Is it a Bird Of Prey -no
5)Is it larger than an average size plastic water-bottle? yes . . . .
6)Is it a pelagic bird -no
7)does it live in shropshire at any point in it's lifecycle?- no
8) Is it Nocturnal? Can be . .
9)Is it a Black Grouse?- no
and
10)Is it a Quail? - nope, 'fraid not

. . . .

. . . and it can't be Quail as I believe they are about the same size as an average plastic water bottle (q5) anyway . . . ;)

How big is an average sized water bottle?! 330 ml or 1 litre? - (I could be really pedantic and take this as one of the 20 questions, but I won't) . . . I wondered too. I've been in France a lot of the last few years so as it's bottled water a lot out there, I initially thought 1.5 or even 2 litre. However I assumed the questioner was thinking uk so my answer related to the personal type people seem to buy for their lunches these days (what's wrong with tap water anyway?), so yes, to be really specific, it is bigger than the 330ml version . . . !

If you wish to know how it relates to any other size shape or form of said water receptacle that will of course be a separate question . .

11)does it spent half the summer night's churring?- no

I can see the reasons for the last 3 guesses, however, don't forget this isn't necessarily just uk (or even european) species ;) we've had size, migration, some bird families, but there are some other questions before it narrows down too much possibly . . . *evil chuckles*

1)Is it a migrant?- yes
2)Is it a passerine? -no
3)Is it a wading bird -no
4)Is it a Bird Of Prey -no
5)Is it larger than an average size plastic water-bottle (330 ml) ? yes . . . .
6)Is it a pelagic bird -no
7)does it live in shropshire at any point in it's lifecycle?- no
8) Is it Nocturnal? Can be . .
9)Is it a Black Grouse?- no
10)Is it a Quail? - no
11)does it spent half the summer night's churring?- no
12)Is it in the order Galliformes? -No
13)Is it a corvid. -No

Last edited:
16)Is it a Ring-necked Duck? No
17)Is it a pochard? mmm . . . are you asking the species or the family group here (may seem like I'm being pedantic, but I see you use pochard for the Aythya group over there ??. . . we don't in the uk . . .)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back