• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two day trip to Florida (1 Viewer)

Daddylion

The Daddy Lion
The first sign that it was going to be a good trip was that I got the first lifer before the plane even landed. An Anhinga was drying at a pond by the runway. We went to Corkscrew Swamp, and it started out pretty slow. But just as we were about to give up, we saw, within ten seconds of each other, two Swallow-tailed Kites and two Barred Owls! So that basically saved the trip. We also saw the Red-shouldered Hawk.

After that we went to Eagle Lakes park, where we didn't see much exept a Loggerhead Shrike! So that was awesome.

Then we went to Sanibell Island, where we saw frigatebirds, ospreys, and tons of herons, including Little Blue, Tri-colored, and Green, and there were also tons of Egrets, the main one being Snowy. We also had a Pilated Woodpecker fly across the trail right in front of our heads.

So all in all, the trip didn't really jack up my life llist all that much, but I got many species I really really wanted to see, like Barred Owl, the shrike, the woodpecker, and the kites.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back