• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vauxhall Bridge (1 Viewer)

Frost1976

Anyone pass that way? I cross the bridge most days and like to keep my eyes open for what I see below (or sometimes overhead), particularly when the Thames is out.

I've seen:
BH Gull
LBB Gull
GBB Gull
Herr Gull
G Heron
Cormorant
Mallard
Moorhen
Mute Swan
Coot
Grey Wagtail
Carrion Crows
Feral pigeons

Anyone ever seen any waders down there? I think I once read about a Peregrine being seen over head.

Unfortunately I've never had my binos with me so I've not been able to examine the gulls to see if there's anything more exotic out there.

I do a quick walk along the S side of the Thames between Vauxhall Bridge and Battersea at lunchtime a few times a week. Thus far, I've accumulated a list of 34 species; this includes passerines lurking in the shrubbery around the apartment blocks along my route.

Up to 2 Peregrines seen fairly regularly around the high rise buildings in early 2008; and saw 2 when crossing the bridge last Thursday lunchtime (17/12). Have had GC Grebe, Gadwall and Teal on the river and saw a flock of 4 waders that I presume were Dunlin flying away from me along the opposite bank last spring. Would have expected to see more on the shoreline at low tide, but seems that the pickings are not great.

I drive over and past Vauxhall bridge, regularly, Just past the one way system, on the way to Battersea. There is a tiny grassed area on the embankment. Last summer, Two Greylag geese took up residence on this tiny roadside lawn. They were there for several weeks. I cannot understand what the appeal was, with all the people and constant traffic.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back