• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vienna birding info (1 Viewer)

picknage

Hi all,

Im about to go to Vienna for a few days from the UK. Ill be with family so wont have too much time for proper birding but am interesting in any good place to see birds in or around Vienna and also any species that I might see that dont occur too often in the south of England,

Many thanks in advance,

Nick Page

Hi Nick

There's two articles here in Opus, that may keep you going until someone comes along with some more specific information for you.

Hope this helps

D

Hello,

Vienna is not far( 40 miles ) from lake Neusiedler See.
For birdlife I think this is the hotspot of Austria.

http://www.nationalparks.or.at/article/archive/11999/

Best regards
Dieter

I'll second what Dieter had to say; try getting out to Neusiedler See for a bit.

Otherwise, check out www.bird.at and you might want to post on our forum to see if any of the vienna birders can help you out. you are welcome to post in english
(unfortunately, I tend to stick to the mountains in the west so know very little about where to go birding down there)

hope you have a good time
Dale

Thanks Delia, Dieter and Dale, your info was great. Hopefully Ill get a chance to get to the lake, we shall see. all the best, Nick

got back a couple of days ago and had a great time. didnt get to the lake but saw some nice birds in the city parks, lots of hooded crows were a new bird for me, and fantastic looks at nuthatches. didnt have time to get into the proper woods to see any woodpeckers though. but the city was great. nick

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back