• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Viper HD vs Razor HD 10x42 FOV (3 Viewers)

I compared the Vortex UHD with their HD binoculars and the difference was not noticeable other than the HD selling for two-thirds as much.
I did side-by-side comparisons with five individuals during bright sunlight hours and at dusk on two occasions with two 8 x 42 and 10 x 42 HD’s and UHD’s. All six of us agreed the UHD was superior in almost every area except FOV. The UHD’s were brighter, sharper and had better resolution on small details. We also had a 8x40 SFL, 10x42 EL and a Nikon MHG on hand both days. The UHD is clearly a premium (alpha level) glass.

I’d say this was one of the clearest outcomes in opinion I think I’ve ever done within years of doing these binocular observations. It’s possible that you may have had a less than stellar UHD example. I also could point out there was some variation on the two 10x42 HD’s, so anything is possible.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back