• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Visiting Brandon Marsh (1 Viewer)

My first visit to Brandon Marsh today. What a lovely place.

Herons, one eating frogs, kestrels, buzzards, teal, reed bunting, lapwing, cormorants, oystercatchers, shelduck, grebe, gossander, gadwall, shoveler, long tailed tits and my first redpoll.

There had been sightings of beaded tit and bittern, yesterday, but not today.

I did get a great sight of a kingfisher catching fish though and even got some reasonable photos!!

Must mention the Nature Force volunteers who were out in great numbers repairing paths etc. - great work people!!!!

Last edited:
Off to Brandon Marsh again today. Lovely weather so I hope to make some nice photos.

I am hoping to set up a site for my photos soon, with my techie bloke's help :)

Such a great day again today, so many birds, so my most favourite things were:

Great and close sighting of reed buntings - even my not so good camera had good shots
Many buzzards and a pair of kestrels who were mating!
A barn owl popped its head out of a box at about 3pm - I stayed until 6pm but no further sighting
Fishing little egrets - pair
Snipe and red shanks on the lake edge
Huge flock of teal
A kingfisher as I was leaving...
.....and a muntjac deer!

Although it was colder and a bit rainy I saw:

Pintail
Snipe
Redshank
Shelduck
Sparrow hawk
And my first Sand Martin of the year :)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back