• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

VPA 2 VARIABLE PHONE ADAPTER (1 Viewer)

Alvin01

Supporter
Has anybody purchase a Swarovski VPA 2 Variable phone adaptor and tried it. Looking to put it on a STX eyepiece module with my iPhone 15
Received a notice from SONA that it was in stock, went to purchase and already was out of stock

Hello Alvin
i've tried vpa 1 and it was impossible to use my iphone 13 pro so it was a big dissapointment !
now i use a Kowa and it works perfect 🙂
kind regards
jan

I recently contacted Swarovski to ask whether the VPA2 would be compatible with the 15 Pro Max before purchasing the adapter and they didn’t know.

Has anybody purchase a Swarovski VPA 2 Variable phone adaptor and tried it. Looking to put it on a STX eyepiece module with my iPhone 15
Received a notice from SONA that it was in stock, went to purchase and already was out of stock

VPA 1 is compatible with iPhone 15 (not the pro versions) so I guess VPA 2 is compatible too. But you always can buy the VPA 1, I get great results with it (ATX / iPhone 15). It’s a little cheaper also in some shops, since VPA2 is on the market.

Last edited:
I managed to get a hold of one of these recently.

I think is a fairly typical Swarovski product in that it combines thoughtful and effective design with a price which is very hard to justify. The VPA 2 unit and the BTX adaptor cost me over £200, which is a lot of money for a few hundred grams of plastic.

The adaptor works well with my iPhone 13 mini (which has two cameras on a raised area). The VPA 2 unit has a clever system to allow movement of the adaptor along the X and Y axes to make sure that the camera is situated perfectly over the eyepiece. It is quite finicky to set up, but there is a knob which can be tightened to prevent further movement.

I use an Otterbox-style case on my phone, and one significant advantage of the VPA 2 unit is that I am able to keep the case on the phone when using the adaptor. It does make the connection between the phone and the VPA 2 unit less secure. However, I was really keen to avoid having to take the phone case off before using a digiscoping adaptor, and to that extent the VPA 2 unit has been a success.

One minor niggle is that it does not come with a bag - I bought the 'Bronta Mill Plain natural 100% cotton eco friendly drawstring/stuff bags - Size XS' for a few quid on Amazon and it fits perfectly.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • 3.png
    3.png
    2 MB · Views: 39
I have been using phoneskope products for a couple years now , first a i phone x pm and currently a iphone 13 pro max both with otterbox defender cases and have not any issues with the weight of the phone disrupting anything or have had to worry about all those adjustments you got to fool with with the product you are considering - and it doesnt cost a fortune - nice and simple and it works .

VPA 1 is compatible with iPhone 15 (not the pro versions) so I guess VPA 2 is compatible too. But you always can buy the VPA 1, I get great results with it (ATX / iPhone 15). It’s a little cheaper also in some shops, since VPA2 is on the market.
Quite incredible it’s not compatible with the Pro iPhones! 🤷‍♂️

Quite incredible it’s not compatible with the Pro iPhones! 🤷‍♂️
Yes it is. And it would als be nice if Swarovski mentioned this in their product info before people buy it and find out for them selves...
A lot of people own the Pro versions of the iPhones so I think it's quite relevant info.

I tried with the Iphone 15 Plus, it fits nicely with the VPA 2.

Based on the specification from Swarovski Optik that fits phones with maximum width at 85mm and height at 150mm for the lens position, should be able to fit the largest iPhone 15 Pro Max too.

_storage_emulated_0_DCIM_.convert_tmp_files_IMG20240224100527_20240313231615.jpg

_storage_emulated_0_DCIM_.convert_tmp_files_IMG20240224100534_20240313231004.jpgScreen Shot 2024-03-13 at 23.20.29 PM [1].png

From left to right; Long-tailed Parakeet, Buffy Fish Owl and Large Frogmouth digiscoped with Swarovski Optik ATC17-40x56 scope + VPA 2

_storage_emulated_0_DCIM_.convert_tmp_files_IMG20240217084336_20240313233204.jpg_storage_emulated_0_DCIM_.convert_tmp_files_IMG20240225203234_20240313233321.jpg_storage_emulated_0_DCIM_.convert_tmp_files_IMG20240229212612_20240313233300.jpg

Last edited:
I recently contacted Swarovski to ask whether the VPA2 would be compatible with the 15 Pro Max before purchasing the adapter and they didn’t know.
They didn’t know?…?… I chat 💬 with Swarovski Italy and they confirmed the compatibility with my iPhone 15 ProMax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back