• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vu Pham wildlife hobbyist filmmaker (1 Viewer)

vupham

Viêt Nam
Hello everybody,

I love to know this forum. I am Vu Pham from Vietnam, loved birds and wildlife since kid from TV program, then I can do casual birdwatching in Cat Tien National Park which was my time to begin with bird photography, then later want to make videos about them if possible. Nothing professional, just kind of vblog if I can do it when on vacation.

Sometime I update video on youtube channel: @vupham.wildlife, not update so frequently. Hope to join here that I can contribute, learn from others and explore more other worlds.

Cheers,

Hi Vu Pham and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I hope we may be able to see some of your videos in the Gallery too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

It's so warm when receive such a welcome from forum staff. Thank you.

Your words motivate me to share the video gallery link here, most are Vietnam birds for now , however my most iconic moment is the shortfilm I made about a couple of blue-winged pitta feeding their child until they fledged last year by around August, it flood season and wet all the jungle floor with a straight 5 weeks heavy storm, rain all day and night, still they built a nest right on the forest floor next to a shallow flood, usually around that month marked the end of birds season, I kept visiting the location but as a distance far enough for my long telelens capture entire 3 weeks until their children fledge.

Put me camouflaged, in a hideout with earthworms has multiple vibrant colors if there is light shine (those birds hunt this guy, I captured by mobile phone, here is video of earthworm reflective color light), rainforest also known as famous with leech, I was there with leech party all day in those soft mud (I am fine with mosquito, got anti mosquito cream for skin), rain storm top head, but far experience sometimes there are gibbons family passing by my hideout, some pheasant calling, some weird animal sounds that I can not see. Each day, hiking in and returning to my room, inside that forest in flood season just to capture those amazing blue-winged pitta, an endemic species at Cat Tien National Park is a great experience for me.

Dont' know how to do embed video, I leave the link live here for video:

I am looking forward to experiencing more in this forum.

Cheers,

That's a spectacular video of this Blue-winged Pitta family! I also like the montage showing the changing landscapes of Cát Tiên National Park and the information about the life cycle and behaviour of these beautiful birds. I think the Gallery would benefit from your contribution, but, unfortunately, photos/videos of nests are not allowed because not everyone respects the birds' privacy and wants to build a good hide like yours. Thank you for your patience and care. Your other video about the earthworm is interesting too because it shows a common, widespread animal from a different and unexpected angle. I think I've never paid attention to the iridescence of its skin. Very creative and artistic.

Hi again Vu Pham

That's a great video and Admin have agreed with me that it would be fine to post in the Gallery Gallery. You can share it there in the same way you have done here.

When you fill in the details, could you make sure to add " Blue-winged Pitta " and also " video " to your Tags, that way it can be picked up by the special Video Search on the Opus article Blue-winged Pitta - BirdForum Opus

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

That's a spectacular video of this Blue-winged Pitta family! I also like the montage showing the changing landscapes of Cát Tiên National Park and the information about the life cycle and behaviour of these beautiful birds. I think the Gallery would benefit from your contribution, but, unfortunately, photos/videos of nests are not allowed because not everyone respects the birds' privacy and wants to build a good hide like yours. Thank you for your patience and care. Your other video about the earthworm is interesting too because it shows a common, widespread animal from a different and unexpected angle. I think I've never paid attention to the iridescence of its skin. Very creative and artistic.
Your wise observation really shows a truly experienced person, the way you read the video and pointed out changes within the content is an exception. I was hook into the emotion bonding with those little birds after several weeks, epic moment is when parents bird feeding through the storm, non stop. I move out of hide only near dark to hope not disturb those birds after a long day hunting for those worms. Thank you.

Hi again Vu Pham

That's a great video and Admin have agreed with me that it would be fine to post in the Gallery Gallery. You can share it there in the same way you have done here.

When you fill in the details, could you make sure to add " Blue-winged Pitta " and also " video " to your Tags, that way it can be picked up by the special Video Search on the Opus article Blue-winged Pitta - BirdForum Opus
Thank you for your guidance, video was posted in gallery as instruction. Again, thanks to you and admin approved, I hope the video helps other birders as well.

Hello and welcome to the forum, enjoy and all the best.
Thank you,
Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.
Thank you, yes I do already found it as just day 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back