• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waders - Dornoch, North-east Scotland (1 Viewer)

Muso

Scotland
Hi

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....keep changing my mind when I think I have these sussed. Grateful for help with these - thinking sandpiper/sanderling, but a newbie at this, so please pardon my ignorance - I am only an egg.

Pix taken Sept 2008 (DSC_0605) & Sept 2010 (DSC_0146) - have cropped and reduced to post, so hope enough remains - not good to start with due to distance - apologies.

Cheers

Attachments

• DSC_0146 Crop.jpg
    DSC_0146 Crop.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC_0605 Crop.jpg
    DSC_0605 Crop.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 155
Thanks Andrew & Dan - when I went to the books after you'd named them, it was glaringly obvious, however not so when I was just searching for what they might be...I'm ok with "standard" birds, but lost in the variance eg fledgling/juvenile/adult, male/female, summer/winter etc...delighted that I have these on my list - thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back