• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler central Sweden 16th August (1 Viewer)

Macswede

Macswede
Is this a Garden Warbler? It lacks the blue-grey patch on the neck but it might be a young bird. I can't think of anything else it could be but I may well be wrong.

Attachments

• 064A0184.jpg
    064A0184.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Hello Graham,

yes its a Garden Warbler for me too.
I can see some greyish on the neck-sides (in the right position and about the right intensity-yes some have a more intense patch).

Regarding ageing: its a fresh plumaged bird imo, but if this is really a 1cy bird ... Better wait for others. And see here: https://ringersdigiguide.ottenby.se/species/sylvia-borin/autumn/

And a correction: hey hey Maple, yes warblers are difficult for me too
Yes, its your choice, but I would find this more true and appropiate: The thirteen year old who likes birds and their identification and tries to help with his experience

And a cracking picture! Tfs Graham!

And a correction: hey hey Maple, yes warblers are difficult for me too
Yes, its your choice, but I would find this more true and appropiate: The thirteen year old who likes birds and their identification and tries to help with his experience

And a cracking picture! Tfs Graham!
Hello Alexander, thank you so much for your kind words, you must have more confidence in me than I do! :ROFLMAO: . I just think that as I still have a lot to learn, others might make more of my (sometimes wrong) suggestions than I feel actually helps them identify the bird in question. So I am very cautious in cases where I really know nothing, I think it is better for me to watch and listen first. Thank you again, I might consider changing my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back