• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weirdest binoculars on the market? (1 Viewer)

I'm still looking for the holy grail of quality binoculars with the ability to capture the binocular view as a high res record digital image at the touch of a convenient button... Maybe that will never be possible
Have you seen the Fujifilm Real 3D W3 Camera? It only has a 3x zoom, but it’s quite remarkable- it least on the 3” 3D screen. I just wish I had a 3D TV for mine.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujifilm_FinePix_Real_3D

Pentax 4x20

I can see usefulness as a hiking optic, similar to the Leica Monovid.
Small, lightweight, 4x for wider view, 16x for more detail.
My issues would be quality of optics, difficulty of use-a clever idea but maybe too impractical.

I remember when my daughter and son in law were planning to hike into the GrandCanyon,
and weight was such a concern. I offered my Papillio but they thought that was too heavy.

edj

The weirdest?

Not bad but the weirdest ever -and still on the market in high numbers as second hand surplus- must still be those East German military CZJ EDF 7x40. Specced and tested to be radiation resistant.
You could finally look through them, seven times magnified, right into a nuclear explosion at ten times the lethal radiation dose for humans while it's special yellowish tinted glass would remain above 50 percent transparency level. That's weird isn't it?

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back