• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

West Papua Rainforests To Be Destroyed For Chinese Olympics (1 Viewer)

Hi Andy,

Thanks you beat me to it, just received the email too and the link you gave works fine for me. I signed the original a few weeks ago and added a few strong comments of my own.

Sorry as it wasn't directly bird related I didn't post the original here, but it gave this old cynic some optimism following this thread from the beginning.

Keep up the pressure everybody as one we can do nothing (we think) but 1 million of us can make a difference.

Forests Org. as well as others have campaigned for the Orang Utangs (have I spelt that right?) and now have a pledge from the Indonesian government to create a sanctuary to be called The Heart of Borneo.

Please everyone sign?

Thank you.

Ann :t:

Sadly, it's expired now and wouldn't let me send the message, but I have saved a copy and will send it to the relevant people by post.

I agree about there being too many people. I think Sir David Attenborough said, not too long ago, that the planet can only support a maximum of 3 billion humans, not the 6 billion plus there now are. As someone who doesn't have, and never will have, children (for precisely this reason) I sincerely believe population control will become a major issue in years to come.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back