• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

West Texas (1 Viewer)

IanMcG

United Kingdom
Me and my wife are planning a trip to West Texas late April 2013, taking in the El Paso area, Davis Mountains, Guadalupe Mountains and Balmorhea.
Can anyone please suggest the best literature/guides to consider? After a quick trawl via Google there still seems to be plenty for the Riog Rande/Big Bend area, both of which we've covered before but not a huge amount west of there. Any help would be much appreciated.

The ABA guide to the Rio Grande Valley covers at least the El Peso area and Guadeloupe mountains among those mentioned, it actually continues into New Mexico and the Las Cruces area.

Niels

Thanks Andrew and Niels, both look very useful. We last visited Texas for birding in 2003 and covered Big Bend. I had completely forgotten that my ABA Rio Grande guide included those places in the extreme west! Mind you, I haven't looked at it for several years. Very kind of you both to reply so quickly, much appreciated.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back