• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

WhatsApp on a PC? (4 Viewers)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Where I live, we have a birdwatchers group on WhatsApp. I currently have whatsapp on my Iphone, but nowhere else. Is it possible to install whatsapp on the PC, and if I do, is it possible to ensure it is not running constantly in the background and doing who knows what, but only running when I actually have started the app?
My purpose would be to better share pictures and also better look at larger versions of those sent to me.
best
Niels

Hi Niels... yes, it is possible to have it on your PC, I have it there as well as my phones.

You can click on the "cross", as on browsers and it will close it down, but leave the icon on the task bar (if you want it there). You will still get a notification if a message comes in.

You can also have it in a tab on a browser (at least you can with Firefox).

Perfectly routine. Runs in your browser.
What does it do 'in the background'? - no idea. Do you worry about what every well-known mainstream program/app/website does in the background of your life? - that way madness lies.

Yes, I've never had any trouble with my computer since adding it to my task bar.

Perfectly routine. Runs in your browser.
What does it do 'in the background'? - no idea. Do you worry about what every well-known mainstream program/app/website does in the background of your life? - that way madness lies.
In general no, but with products coming from Meta, yes.
Niels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back