• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Plover please 🙏 (1 Viewer)

MattG

United Kingdom
Seen in Kos a couple of days ago, been trying to I.d but from what I can gather it hasn't got the correct colour legs or bill for a ringed plover (unless juvenile?) , hasn't the yellow eye ring for little plover and looks wrong for a kentish plover ? Probably basic stuff but I'm lost lol. Any help would be great thanks 1000026620.jpg

Is the 3rd edition a worthy successor to the second edition? I have the second edition, should I upgrade.

Also unrelated- but personally for me, a lot of online resources from independent authors are extremely invaluable. I have found great resources for distinguishing waders, raptors, gulls etc, reading them the past few months has made me much more confident in identifying the more difficult birds on the field. Just a few weeks ago I was completely unable to age gulls, now I'm much more confident because of internet sources.

Edit- Birdguides has some good articles on separating some of the more difficult species.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back