• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which spotting scope can fit and has infinity focus with the Baader zoom 8-24mm MK3 eyepiece? (1 Viewer)

Passakorn

I am looking for a new spotting scope to upgrade from nikon ED50, either used ones or a new model. Now I am trying to find options for a scope (either previous or current model) that can fit the Baader 8-24mm MK3 zoom eyepiece that I already have and can still reach an infinity focus. Most of the scopes mentioned in the forums seem to fit the MK4 model.

I am wondering if anyone has used the MK3 eyepiece with any spotting scopes (and which adapters/modification etc) successfully?

Thank you so much,

Passakorn

The diameter of the barrel of the Mk4 is just a tiny bit too wide for the Opticron MM4 60mm, so I can’t say if could reach focus. I have thought about sanding things to fit, but held off so far.

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back