• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

White's Thrush, Bressay, Shetland 9 October 2023 (1 Viewer)

Farnboro John

Finally took the opportunity to go and see the White's Thrush in a plantation on Bressay yesterday after seeing a BOC shot confirming the "showing well" claims on information services. A good trip - a few showers but not too wet or prolonged - and a bit of a birdfest compared to some of the places we've been checking: not only the White's Thrush but a Red-breasted Flycatcher, Siberian Chiffchaff, also several showy Brambling, positively photographically promiscuous Goldcrests and a load of Blackcaps.

At one point only Roy and I were present watching this terrific bird. Amazing.

John

20231009 (17)_Whites_Thrush.JPG20231009 (18)_Whites_Thrush.JPG20231009 (21)_Whites_Thrush.JPG20231009 (22)_Whites_Thrush.JPG20231009 (23)_Whites_Thrush.JPG20231009 (32)_Whites_Thrush.JPG20231009 (33)_Whites_Thrush.JPG

Finally took the opportunity to go and see the White's Thrush in a plantation on Bressay yesterday after seeing a BOC shot confirming the "showing well" claims on information services. A good trip - a few showers but not too wet or prolonged - and a bit of a birdfest compared to some of the places we've been checking: not only the White's Thrush but a Red-breasted Flycatcher, Siberian Chiffchaff, also several showy Brambling, positively photographically promiscuous Goldcrests and a load of Blackcaps.

At one point only Roy and I were present watching this terrific bird. Amazing.

John

View attachment 1537266View attachment 1537267View attachment 1537268View attachment 1537269View attachment 1537270View attachment 1537271View attachment 1537272
Cor blimey John, that's just so unfathomably unfair :)-.

They just don't hop about in the open!

They do up here! 😁

John
Honestly, I just about reached for the sick bucket.

I would kill for views like that of one of my favourite species.

I had a view of mine for ten seconds, like in your 2nd photo, after standing in position for two full days, so I shouldn't complain. But would love to see a side profile view. Stunning photos of a stunning bird.

Congrats, on the Veery too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back