• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why are Meopta's so hard to sell? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, maybe. I would prefer to be paid first and then ship the binoculars, like how Ebay works. Even though they hold my funds for 14 days I still know they are there. I can see them. It's reassuring to see them. Then they are in my bank.
So you don’t trust established members here but you want them to trust you? 😎

New member SC - it’s all about trust ( buy the seller). You can check members post history (and trustworthines) on here, ship the binos at an agreed price and they will pay you on receipt?
Yes I understand that is a method that some people do use and that it creates trust. I prefer to sell by Paypal. Eventually, I hope someone would ask to see my binoculars in a video chat with me and then they can see me, my campus, and my binoculars, and then maybe they could be interested in buying them. Of course they wouldn't have to. Up to them. I could also have the video chat with them during the packing and the shipping if they needed to see that. We could just schedule all our video meetings. I could be in a video meeting with them when I took the package to the place where it would be scanned and mailed, and they could see all of that.

So you don’t trust established members here but you want them to trust you? 😎
I think I just don't trust most human beings in general, but I trust systems. Systems like Paypal and Ebay and a university system. It's really hard for me to trust individual human beings. So it's not personal. I guess it's hard for most humans to trust me too. I can see why. Humans are hard to trust. So I trust systems and I trust animals more. When I first got the binoculars, I had trouble trusting that OpticsPlanet people would get them there in time for class. Then when they arrived not working, but on time, I lost more trust. Then I struggled to trust Meopta USA that they really would fix them after I sent them in to be repaired and not just keep them and I would have lost $450. Then when they arrived I had trouble trusting they really were fixed prior to opening the box. Then I saw they worked great and then I called the company because I couldn't trust they were covered by the warranty, because they were an entirely different pair of binoculars than the ones I had and I was really confused. Then they told me they were covered by the warranty and how to sign up for it and explained it was not a mistake. They hadn't sent me someone else's binoculars by mistake. They had replaced mine with a new pair as they sent the other pair back to the Czech Repblic for repairs. So eventually over time, and with a great deal of struggle I learned to trust the people and the company of Meopta. I still do not trust OpticsPlanet, because they sold me a faulty pair of binoculars. But no, trusting people is really hard for me. This is common in people with histories of trauma and PTSD. It wasn't with just this situation, but with all situations involving humans. I just said that as an example. So you get where I am coming from.

Also I really trust the system that is the US Post Office. I have had so many good experiences with them shipping things from one location where I lived to another one where I went to live. Also I trust them to get my packages to my Ebay customers. So far it has been good for us, me and my customers.

Why are Meopta's so hard to sell?​

Why are they so difficult to find? Living almost within spitting distance of the Czech border, even here it is all but impossible to rustle up a second hand Meostar B1 7x42.

Probably because after people buy them, they really like them. They do not want to part with them. Here in the USA for a few years I have looked for a pair of the Meopta Meostar B1 7x42 to try and possibly buy but people aren’t reselling these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back