• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

World list spreadsheets (3 Viewers)

Steve Lister

Senior Birder, ex County Recorder, Garden Moths.
United Kingdom
A few years ago I produced Excel spreadsheets based on both the Clements/eBird/Cornell and IOC world bird lists and offered them to any Birdforum members who wanted them, several people taking up my offer.

I have now completely updated both spreadsheets including all the periodic updates issued by the two authorities.

Each of the two versions includes the following:
Current English names (English spelling) along with most current/recently used alternatives
Scientific names
Columns set up for counting numbers of entries

They do not include:
Headings for higher levels of classification such as families
Subspecies
Extinct species

If anyone would like me to send them one or both then let me know, along with an email address, in a private message. All I ask in return is that you let me know if you spot any little mistakes - there are sure to be a few typos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back