• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Worzel Gummidge: Twitchers (1 Viewer)

JTweedie

I never caught the new version of Worzel Gummidge when it came out, but on 28 December on BBC1 at 7.15pm, this is on. Description from the Guardian:

"Mackenzie Crook steps back into his straw-filled shoes for this continuing reboot – one which is warmly welcomed. This time, Worzel and his friends Susan and John have a pesky group of birdwatchers to deal with."

I never caught the new version of Worzel Gummidge when it came out, but on 28 December on BBC1 at 7.15pm, this is on. Description from the Guardian:

"Mackenzie Crook steps back into his straw-filled shoes for this continuing reboot – one which is warmly welcomed. This time, Worzel and his friends Susan and John have a pesky group of birdwatchers to deal with."
I should carry on avoiding it then. I never even caught the old one.

John

It's quite amusing, very tongue in cheek and obviously had some research, the main competitors - one called Lee Dangerman, who brags in front of the TV camera.

I look forward to seeing an exaggerated LRGE!

So you had seen a preview. There was no escaping the characterization. Watch it...

Essentially, it was the Leicester Llama's legendary parody.

Last edited:
I've not actually caught up with this episode yet because it said on the tv guide it was episode 2 of series 2, so I thought I must have missed the first episode of this season. But I inadvertently went back to the very first episode since Mackenzie Crook took over, so I'm working my way forward from the beginning.

I felt from the first two episodes I watched last night that it's a series grounded in culture and mythology while being informed by ecology. Very much like Detectorists was, although the latter was more aimed at adults.

I see our moronic media are trumpeting about sexual innuendoes (the alleged examples of which are contained in perfectly legitimate bird names that they clearly haven't bothered to google).

John

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back