• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Would anyone like to get together and do some birding in South Wales? (1 Viewer)

hopster

Wales
I have been living here for 2 1/2 years now and am a fairly new but very enthusiastic birder. From a lot of hiking and off-road cycling to explore the area, I already know a few really good spots in the Vale of Glamorgan and Carmarthen that seem to attract a wide range of species, and I'm sure there are many more to discover. It's more fun to do it with others sometimes - would anybody like to form an informal group where we can go and explore together?

If so, drop me a line.

Michael

Good luck with this Michael, wish I could join you, but it's doubtful if I'll be down until the summer(ish) time. My brother lives near Abergavenny.

We had a meet back in 2007. You can read about it here: https://www.birdforum.net/threads/se-wales-meet.85632/page-2#post-930962.

It was an evening do for, particularly, roding Woodcock and Nightjar. Glow Worms were a bonus. It really was a great meeting.

Good luck with this Michael, wish I could join you, but it's doubtful if I'll be down until the summer(ish) time. My brother lives near Abergavenny.

We had a meet back in 2007. You can read about it here: https://www.birdforum.net/threads/se-wales-meet.85632/page-2#post-930962.

It was an evening do for, particularly, roding Woodcock and Nightjar. Glow Worms were a bonus. It really was a great meeting.

Thanks Delia.

The local groups on this forum seem very quiet. Do you have any tips on how people connect and get together?

M

I find members on here do like to interact when there's something to interact with LOL.

Maybe if you started a thread in the Local Patch forum reporting on what you see when you go out. Do you have a place you visit regularly? It's great to see what comes regularly and what visits occasionally etc.

Have a word with Rich (@ClarkWGriswold ) who lives local to you.

Edit: LOL we cross posted.

Check out their website M. I’ll be heading up to Gwernffrwd Dinas next spring. You’re welcome to come along.

Not really got anything planned for the rest of the year. Mainly just going out with the dog and bins.

Heading to Vegas in a couple of weeks and OH likely to divorce me if I plan some days out birding. 😂

Rich

Check out their website M. I’ll be heading up to Gwernffrwd Dinas next spring. You’re welcome to come along.

Not really got anything planned for the rest of the year. Mainly just going out with the dog and bins.

Heading to Vegas in a couple of weeks and OH likely to divorce me if I plan some days out birding. 😂

Rich

Thanks Rich I will. Yes please let me know if you fancy a companion on one of your informal trips. I live in Llangan and I often explore around here, especially near/on the coast but also in the wooded valleys inland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back