• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Year of Manufacture? (1 Viewer)

Hi,

Your 8x20B was manufactured in 1989.

Gary
Hi Gary. I would be very grateful if you could tell me when the following was made: Zeiss Victory T*FL 10x42, Serial No. 3468605. I recently bought them in the UK and it seems they were originally sold in the USA. Thanks!! Shame Zeiss doesn't put their serial number database onto the Web, to allow users to check the dates of manufacture of their binoculars etc..

Last edited:
Hi Gary. I would be very grateful if you could tell me when the following was made: Zeiss Victory T*FL 10x42, Serial No. 3468605. I recently bought them in the UK and it seems they were originally sold in the USA. Thanks!! Shame Zeiss doesn't put their serial number database onto the Web, to allow users to check the dates of manufacture of their binoculars etc..
Hi,

This binocular was manufactured in May 2011.

Gary

I have three different Zeiss binoculars. How old are my binoculars(year of manufacture)?
-Zeiss Classic Compact 10x25 B T* serial number 2642351 (This is made in Japan ?)
-Zeiss 8x20 B T*P serial number 2154240
-Zeiss Victory Pocket 8x25 serial number 5299429

Is the year of manufacturing somehow embedded or encoded within the serial number, in any way, like Swarovsk does with newer binos, using the first 2 digets to which you add 2010?
In other words, does Zeiss have its own system making it possible for anyone to figure out from its serial number, when their bino was made?

Is the year of manufacturing somehow embedded or encoded within the serial number, in any way, like Swarovsk does with newer binos, using the first 2 digets to which you add 2010?
In other words, does Zeiss have its own system making it possible for anyone to figure out from its serial number, when their bino was made?
I do not think !

Hi,

with Carl Zeiss Jena, they did just count up for each binocular made and since the production numbers for each year became public knowledge after the east german CZJ ceased operations after the german reunification, we now have an easy list for CZJ bins.

For the west german Carl Zeiss AG aka Zeiss West or Zeiss Oberkochen things are different - each model has one or more number ranges and the information when a specific serial number was produced is only available internally. So writing a nice mail to your local Zeiss support might help - or post it here and hope for somebody with access will look it up...

Joachim

I have three different Zeiss binoculars. How old are my binoculars(year of manufacture)?
-Zeiss Classic Compact 10x25 B T* serial number 2642351 (This is made in Japan ?)
-Zeiss 8x20 B T*P serial number 2154240
-Zeiss Victory Pocket 8x25 serial number 5299429
Hi,

Here are the dates :

10x25 Classic 2004
8x20 BT*P 1998
8x25 VP 2022

Gary

Hi,

The 15x50 Pentekarem was manufactured between September 1954 and September 1955.
The 10x25 was manufactured in 2003.

Gary
Hi Gary stumbled on this forum you seem like the man that knows it all!

I have acquired a mint pair of Dialyt 7x42 b t*p* serial 2533016

Can you determine the age?

Many thanks,

Cal

Hi Gary stumbled on this forum you seem like the man that knows it all!

I have acquired a mint pair of Dialyt 7x42 b t*p* serial 2533016

Can you determine the age?

Many thanks,

Cal
I'm just going to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome from those of us on BirdForum Cal!

Hi Gary,

Could you tell me the birth date of my Zeiss Victory 8x32 T*FL with number 2875777.
I just bought this one and have got everething what comes with it, only the birthdate is missing.

Many thanks Gary,

Greetings Tjip
(new member and looking, reading on this great site)

Hi Gary,

Could you tell me the birth date of my Zeiss Victory 8x32 T*FL with number 2875777.
I just bought this one and have got everething what comes with it, only the birthdate is missing.

Many thanks Gary,

Greetings Tjip
(new member and looking, reading on this great site)
hi,

The date of manufacture is April 2005.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back