• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (65 Viewers)

My 1997 copy has a different cover to that one Jim, it's also a paperback. Good to see sensible pricing on some of them on the link.
Anybody who's tempted but not sure about buying, it's a cracking book and should really never have been withdrawn by Macmillan.
Macmillan have no plans to do reprint the book but won't release the plates to any other publisher, that is if the plates still exist.

That looks like it's the advanced guide with knobs on. Got the guide a while back, a stunning book in it's depth and detail. I would argue that for me the Macmillan is probably more use in that it deals with identification issues that I'm more likely to encounter whereas books like the Advanced ID, Forsmann's raptors etc tend to get a grilling at holiday time.

Don't crease it, the guide is for glove compartment. This coffee table version does look interesting though, let us have an update when you've scrutinised it please.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Steve;I only entered after watching the bird from outside whacking itself against the wire cage.I managed to usher it out.Thought i was doing right thing, should I have left it alone?

Steve has answered very well and accurately how the traps work, so in future please do not go near the traps, the birds will find their own way out.
Andy Roadhouse

Chinese Theme Park at Pit-house West

Please could all readers of this thread sign the petition below and give us a chance to preserve this area of excellent birding habitat in the Rother Valley.

The petition is HERE

Some information about the site HERE

Many thanks in advance

Mark

Last edited:
Steve has answered very well and accurately how the traps work, so in future please do not go near the traps, the birds will find their own way out.
Andy Roadhouse

Ok ,enough already, feeling thoroughly scolded now.But maybe some others if honest will have thought birds are distressed, the WW certainly was! Some simple signs would help!

Paul

Signed up.
Saw this on the local news last night, totally stupid idea in my book.
Please could all readers of this thread sign the petition below and give us a chance to preserve this area of excellent birding habitat in the Rother Valley.

The petition is HERE

Some information about the site HERE

Many thanks in advance

Mark

out and about

a couple from today.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 58
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 69
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 58
  • a5a.jpg
    a5a.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 59
Old Fall

No sign of the Icky this afternoon, lots of Swallows and House Martins around old fall and surrounding fields, couple of Common Redstarts in the hedge, had a Hobby zip overhead putting a large flock of Linnets to flight and setting all the Hirindines off, Pied Fly in old fall

PiedFly001edited.jpg

Swallow006edited.jpg

Last edited:
Today

A couple more....

Attachments

• a6a.jpg
    a6a.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 53
  • a7a.jpg
    a7a.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 51