• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (74 Viewers)

Went for the Taiga Beans today. A rare chance to see this form away from Scotland and Norfolk. Apart from a single Taiga at Fairburn a few years back, I'd only ever seen Tundra's in Yorkshire.

They were very distant from the road, but views were better from the footpath leading up from the village of Wass to the small ruin.

From here the birds were nearer but still distant. The Pink-foot could be picked out - usually on the edge of the flock.

I then went on to look for raptors in North Yorks. A probable distant *** into the sun, as well as a couple of Buzzard. It may still be a bit early. Still quite a bit of snow.

I then went on to Forge Valley, where most of the usual suspects gave themselves up and provided good photo opportunities. A Tawny Owl calling late morning.

called into North Duffield & Bubwith yesterday for 30mins or so no geese, but about 70 or so whoopers in distant fields left of the old railway bridge looking south from the road bridge

is no-one helping with my doncaster waxwing enquiry cos i's a soft southern puff??

Sorry, fella, didn't see this before. Last report was "five still at Sandringham Road Primary School viewable from Cornwall Road and Winchester Crescent", although there's been no reports on Birdguides since the 16th.

heh, just being silly, sorry about that.. doubt i'll fit in here eh

had a tramp about intake today, no waxwings, indeed no berries to speak of on any berry bushes, so not much chance anyway really.

going to have a go at blacktoft in the morning before i return to the beautiful south. not been for a few years, last time i was there a couple of young stoats popped out of the reeds playfighting right at my feet.. will happily settle for some beardy tits this time.

For those of you like me who do not get the high street bird mags, Yorkshire birding is now out with the finders account of the Yorkshire frigate bird, plus a bit more.

Pintail

I'm wanting to take a decent photo of Pintail. Can anyone point me in the direction of any that are showing well at the mo?

Just going out of county I was considering Martin Mere or Welney as likely to produce close views. If however, there are any at Old Moor for example, I'd appreciate the gen.

Cheers

I'm wanting to take a decent photo of Pintail. Can anyone point me in the direction of any that are showing well at the mo?

Just going out of county I was considering Martin Mere or Welney as likely to produce close views. If however, there are any at Old Moor for example, I'd appreciate the gen.

Cheers

I can't help with Old Moor but I was at Martin Mere + nearby RSPB Marshside nine days ago and they were showing well at both. As you probably know the Swan Link hide at at Martin Mere can be very reliable. At Marshside they are usually further away, but I had some stood on ice close to one of the hides.

Cheers

Reported today from Melbourne/Thornton Ings and 2 were at NDC last time i was there;but distant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back