• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (10 Viewers)

I passed the new West Yorks Police dept this aft.. ( it's between North Featherstone and Normanton ). ... there's a pond opposite it which regularly hosts 50+ Grey lag and loads of gulls, but nowt really special it would seem........
.................... But this aft. there were 5 lads with scopes/binos etc. So does anyone know owt, if owts been seen that would cause this "mini-twitch" there....??
I'm curious 'cos it's one of my local patches....?

Cheers Joe

I found the police dept on google maps. Is the pond easy to find from here?

The bird was apparently moving between here and swilly but no reports yesterday then back today...

Boro Birder, I assume Geoff was referring to the BK at Shaw Farm in the far reaches of Arkengarthdale near The Stang. It sounds like the numbers have increased considerably since I was last there 5 years ago. Might be worth another visit.

We could always plan a trip Ken, far enough for us both, been to the Stang a few times and surrounding area but for me that is Teesdale/Durham Moors area not North Yorkshire???

Damian

We could always plan a trip Ken, far enough for us both, been to the Stang a few times and surrounding area but for me that is Teesdale/Durham Moors area not North Yorkshire???

Damian

Sorry I've not been back sooner,northernloon is correct with the area. I know its not North Yorkshire but I went to Langdon Beck last Friday and the views there were excellent.

Attachments

• bg3.jpg
    bg3.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 79
Black Grouse Location

Sorry I've not been back sooner,northernloon is correct with the area. I know its not North Yorkshire but I went to Langdon Beck last Friday and the views there were excellent.

Hi Geoff, thanks for putting my straight on this, I was wracking my brains and almost certainly doubting my knowledge of the NY Moors National Park, lol.

Damian:)

Hi Joe

There was a drake American Wigeon there, reported till at least early afternoon, don't know if still there at dusk.

John

Is this still around?? I've to be at the City & Guilds building on Thursday for exams so might have time to catch up with it while I'm in the area. Any pointers where the lake is in relation to C&G (WF1 2UN) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

Is this still around?? I've to be at the City & Guilds building on Thursday for exams so might have time to catch up with it while I'm in the area. Any pointers where the lake is in relation to C&G (WF1 2UN) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard, I think post 20706 on this thread explains where it is. reported at lunchtime today, so good luck!

Richard P

Hi Geoff, thanks for putting my straight on this, I was wracking my brains and almost certainly doubting my knowledge of the NY Moors National Park, lol.

Damian:)

Shaw Farm in Arkengrthdale is in Yorkshire in the Yorkshire Dales NP. The county boundary is a mile or so North on the watershed heading Stang direction.

Good numbers too at the mo around Punchard Gill, all viewable from the road to Tan Hill.

Nice blog Dave, you can incorporate a link to your blog in your signature to posts once you have clocked up 10 posts/5 days in BirdForum. As I have done.
Go to the User Control Panel, link just below the birdforum logo up at the top right hand side of the page. Once in the control panel click on edit signature and have a play.

Last edited:
Thank you

Many thanks to those who have had a look at the blog, particularly to those who replied on here.

Having had a good look through the various posts it is certainly a great site to share sightings, views and opinions.

I hope the warmer weather to come, hopefully :) brings some great sightings for everybody.

Thanks

Dave

Shaw Farm in Arkengrthdale is in Yorkshire in the Yorkshire Dales NP. The county boundary is a mile or so North on the watershed heading Stang direction.

Good numbers too at the mo around Punchard Gill, all viewable from the road to Tan Hill.

Thanks pal, love to see a Lek, heard them many times in Scotland but never seen them, always flew in to surrounding forest, think its going to have to be a herbage hide, overnight :(

Damian

Evening all

Can anyone direct me to the location of the reported lesser spotted woodpecker today near swillington Ings?

I'm familiar with the dragliner and entrance to St Aidan's but I cannot work out from the description as to where you need to go to try and see this bird

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back