• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your favourite pigeon/dove coo (1 Viewer)

All-knowing Idiot
Opus Editor
Poland
The idea for this thread came to me today when I heard a displaying Feral Pigeon. I'd heard Feral Pigeons many times before, obviously, but it had never occurred to me that their coo sounds so attractive.

There are dozens of pigeons and doves all over the world, and many members are either well-travelled or live outside Europe--which species do you think has the most pleasant song?

I like European Turtle Dove.
For something a bit different, try one of the green pigeons: XC371211 Bruce's Green Pigeon (Treron waalia)
I wasn't aware that Turtle Dove sounds like a purring cat--I think it's now my favourite bird as well, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in the field someday.

Little different but I love the booming of the Victoria Crowned Pigeon. Interacting with the species at the San Diego Zoo really opened me up to them
Interesting how there are only three recordings of this species on XC and none on eBird.

I wasn't aware that Turtle Dove sounds like a purring cat--I think it's now my favourite bird as well, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in the field someday.

Interesting how there are only three recordings of this species on XC and none on eBird.
Well considering EBird only has 96 sightings of it, and 39 with photo, it makes sense there’s
not much sound data.

And none this year

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back