• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (12 Viewers)

Two new life birds for the year so far:
Black-tailed Flycatcher- Seen very well at the Villas Rio Mar in Dominical, Costa Rica and
Sulphur-rumped Tanager- Great views and a bad photo of a few near Manzanillo, Costa Rica. Long awaited bird that I have actually seen but did not want to count a silhouette!
I wrote a blog post about this lifer and great birding around Manzanillo.

Two new life birds for the year so far:
Black-tailed Flycatcher- Seen very well at the Villas Rio Mar in Dominical, Costa Rica and
Sulphur-rumped Tanager- Great views and a bad photo of a few near Manzanillo, Costa Rica. Long awaited bird that I have actually seen but did not want to count a silhouette!
I wrote a blog post about this lifer and great birding around Manzanillo.

Patrick, enjoyed your post a lot and I am very very jealous of this Sulphur-rumped Tanager!.. we looked for it in the Rio Indio area near El Valle in Panama without success last September.. next time, next time I guess ...

Patrick, enjoyed your post a lot and I am very very jealous of this Sulphur-rumped Tanager!.. we looked for it in the Rio Indio area near El Valle in Panama without success last September.. next time, next time I guess ...

I am likewise jealous of your streamcreeper! I missed that one in Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia. A tough tanager for sure, much more difficult than its sister Scarlet-browed. Hopefully you will get to Burbayar, it seems that they are very regular there.

Orange-crowned warbler in Dallas, Texas. Had it ID'd for me on here :t:

was not able to get a great pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1482_zpsbadacba3.jpg
    IMG_1482_zpsbadacba3.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 65
I am likewise jealous of your streamcreeper! I missed that one in Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia. A tough tanager for sure, much more difficult than its sister Scarlet-browed. Hopefully you will get to Burbayar, it seems that they are very regular there.

Streamcreeper gave nice views, very prolonged, at a little stream in W Andes.. drabber plumaged bird than I expected so was not so excited at the beginning when I saw it...
That tanager you got rocks!!, its sister Scarlet-browed is commoner, and not difficult here in Colombia both in the Magdalena Valley and in the Pacific Choco lowlands...
Burbayar is for sure on my list to visit next time I get to Panama!
saludos, d.

Scarlet Ibis, on a trip to Trinidad.

Kind of a weird experience - one minute, you've never seen one in your life before, next minute, you've seen 150.

Peter C.

At last I saw it somewhere else than just my dreams.

I have to drive 20 miles and walk one in deep snow, but it was worth it. B :)

Attachments

• IMG_2720.JPG
    IMG_2720.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2695.JPG
    IMG_2695.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back