• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss exiting photo business (1 Viewer)

That was the rumour mill, here is a statement from Zeiss on a much more reliable source.
Personally I think this is a shame, especially since typical phone sensors are 1/2.55" or about 1cm across. You will never in a year of Sundays get an image out of that which you can print A3 in good enough quality to hang on a wall. But hey, what do I know? I never use mobile phones for anything (neo-luddite), and besides binos usually have a camera with me.

Last edited:
Don’t understand the technology however, I seem to recall reading (couple of weeks ago) in the media news, that Sony are launching their new mobile camera phone with camera “main frame” resolution, don’t have a scooby as to how that might compare?😮

That was the rumour mill, here is a statement from Zeiss on a much more reliable source.
Personally I think this is a shame, especially since typical phone sensors are 1/2.55" or about 1cm across. You will never in a year of Sundays get an image out of that which you can print A3 in good enough quality to hang on a wall. But hey, what do I know? I never use mobile phones for anything (neo-luddite), and besides binos usually have a camera with me.
Less typical is this story about a company that already has a phone with a 1 inch sensor and is planning to tackle a m4/3 sensor next
Niels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back