• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Age of Used Zeiss Victory SF 10 x 42 (1 Viewer)

exedchef

I am thinking about examining a pair used Zeiss SF 10 x 42 I wonder if here is an easy way of finding out their age ?
To be honest I have never looked at Zeiss before ( having had Swarovski Bins for over 25 years) I find all the types a little confusing - is there a specific website that might help please?
Thanks
Ed

I am thinking about examining a pair used Zeiss SF 10 x 42 I wonder if here is an easy way of finding out their age ?
To be honest I have never looked at Zeiss before ( having had Swarovski Bins for over 25 years) I find all the types a little confusing - is there a specific website that might help please?
Thanks
Ed
If you can obtain the serial number for the unit you're considering purchasing and email or call Zeiss Customer Service, they will advise you of the year of manufacture.

The first year or two of production they came in the gray color, then it switched to black along with possibly upgrading the focuser. I don't know any way to identify the age of the black ones other than knowing the range of serial numbers for each year.....

The first year or two of production they came in the gray color, then it switched to black along with possibly upgrading the focuser. I don't know any way to identify the age of the black ones other than knowing the range of serial numbers for each year.....
I bought a grey pair sent them to zeiss (UK) for service and they sent them to Germany they were black when they came back so dont age by the colour please it is meaningless.

I bought a grey pair sent them to zeiss (UK) for service and they sent them to Germany they were black when they came back so dont age by the colour please it is meaningless.
By the way I sent them for service because there seemed to be a little play in the focus wheel they came back absolutely perfect.
And free of charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back