• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trophys on Ebay - Be wary (1 Viewer)

mrlimbo

Having bought a pair at the start of the year on Ebay, ive only taken them out about 4 or 5 times , now they started of ok , but now they wont stay in focus very long , without having to alter the diopter , also one of the eyecups now twist all the way up past its stop point , leaving an actual gap !!
Now i have contacted the seller (longview2005) although very helpful all they could advise was to send them to some address in Bristol (no returns form or any other info) and then there sent oversea's , i got some vague assurance that i would get a pair back once they arrive !

Im now wondering if there 2nds or worse ?

So the lifetime warranty is worthless & so are the bins !!!

Last edited:
Why don't you contact Bushnell direct instead of the ebay seller, I nearly bought a pair of these but decided on Nikon Action 8x40 instead, but I noticed that the Trophy's came with full Bushnell guarantee, so skip the seller and let us know what the manufacturer has to say.

Why don't you contact Bushnell direct instead of the ebay seller, I nearly bought a pair of these but decided on Nikon Action 8x40 instead, but I noticed that the Trophy's came with full Bushnell guarantee, so skip the seller and let us know what the manufacturer has to say.

I cant find a "Bushnell Uk" to contact ?

No , no luck with them , not even a reply to my enquiry !
Sorry to hear but not surprised. I'm not sure they have such a stellar reputation for customer support (try search on Vickers in binoculars forum here). Additionally they are the official importers to UK and perhaps there's some doubt whether your binocular has been imported through them; optimistic to expect help maybe. Binocular repairs can easily cost more than a budget model :
http://www.actionoptics.co.uk/Repairs.htm
So unhappily your choice seems to be between putting up with their faults or risking returning them.

Any progress with choosing a new 10x42? I see ex-demo Opticrons keep appearing on the LCEgroup website. How about those Veranos?

Any progress with choosing a new 10x42? I see ex-demo Opticrons keep appearing on the LCEgroup website. How about those Veranos?

Hi , no , no progress yet , still trying to raise the cash !!! thanks for the headsup on those "Veranos" thats a good price , i will check them out.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back