• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Death Of The Alpha? (1 Viewer)

The Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg is 12 miles from where Tract is located in Hummelstown, PA. Ask for a tour!

Go to The Glass Lounge for dinner up on Front Street, Harrisburg. Tell them to take it easy on the carrots on your salad.

http://www.theglasslounge.net/menu.html#steaks

Bob
I think I would have the 8 oz. Tenderloin steak. Thanks for the tip Ceasar. Are you going to the show? If you do and try some Tract's give us your feedback.

Pileatus, could you copy and paste the article on this thread? It requires a paid subscription and a lot of people would like to read the article about Tract Optics. Thanks!

Pilly

If this is paid-for material, watch out for copyright and distribution law before you copy and paste on-line.

Lee

Pileatus, could you copy and paste the article on this thread? It requires a paid subscription and a lot of people would like to read the article about Tract Optics. Thanks!

Be very careful. You cannot post copyrighted material w/o permission of the author. The fact that payment is needed to read article, I would assume it will be copyrighted.

says 3 employees....bet they used to have 4 when they still honored their warranty....but they let him go...

says 3 employees....bet they used to have 4 when they still honored their warranty....but they let him go...
"says 3 employees....bet they used to have 4 when they still honored their warranty....but they let him go..."

That is funny!:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O

Last edited:
Here is a good review on the Trac Toric 8x42. It is Titled " Best Binocular I Have Ever Seen At This Price Point!"

"I was recently hanging out at deer camp trying my 8x42 Tract Toric binoculars out with various other brands that ranged in price and country made that the other hunters had in their bags. These optics made me proud and out performed most of the other more expensive brands. A friend had 10x50 Swarovski EL's that were indeed impressive, but 8x42 are so much better of a magnification for me and my needs. My Tract Toric held their own versus his euro optics that cost much more than these. These Toric's are made in japan, and easily out performed the others using Chinese made binos that were in the same price range. When the Toric's are in your hand you immediately notice the quality, as they feel well made and the weight ensures confidence that they are built with high quality materials. I can't stress enough how great the eye relief is on them - offering a 3 position setting when adjusting the eye relief. They are more heavy than light - but feel great and don't weigh you down. I went with 8x42 because I not only hunt but actually mainly bird - and these are awesome for birding! When the migration takes place its so easy for me to find my subject with the field of view these offer. Adjusting the diopter was very easy and everything stays in place once set. The center focus knob is nice and smooth and again easy/fast to focus with little turning needed.
Eye piece covers and neck strap are nice - but beware.....they is no carry case!!!! This was a big strike against for me because it would have been nice to get a carry case with the money these cost me. That said Tract makes up for it in optical and build quality.....and these are still worth every penny even without a case. I fit mine into a Pelican hard case with my two way radio - which actually has worked better for me than a soft case would have anyway.
I can't recommend these binoculars enough. My buddies had never heard of them - and I loved the feeling of knowing I had a small unknown / low marketed brand that was blowing away their store bought mass produced binoculars. With optics I truly believe you get what you pay for, and if you have $2000 laying around to blow on European made optics - DO IT. But if you don't and you are like me and wanted the best optic for under $700-$800 I promise you that you will not do better than the Tract Toric! This 8x42 will work for all occasions I need a bino for when I head outdoors, and knowing they are Made in Japan and will last forever I will be proud to pass them down to my son to enjoy when my outdoors days are behind me. Tract Toric 8X42 Binocular - Award Winning Optics for Hunting and Birding in Low-Light Conditions with Wide Field Of View"

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back