• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift Aerolite 7x35 (1 Viewer)

That's a tricky model name, like "Powerview" or "Sportview". There were different field widths, qualities, etc.
made through the years. I see that recently there have been quite a few parallel variants.
A recent 7x35 ZWCF has BK7 prisms, what looks like a precision focuser, but weaker-looking ocular arms.
Kind of a mixed bag. Traditionally, the Aerolite line has been their starter course. It's hard to evaluate their new
reprise....and there are so many upgraded and well-proven others out there...the Acculons, Yosemites, NatureViews,
Redfield Rebels, etc.....in that price range.

Last edited:
That's a tricky model name, like "Powerview" or "Sportview". There were different field widths, qualities, etc.
made through the years. I see that recently there have been quite a few parallel variants.
A recent 7x35 ZWCF has BK7 prisms, what looks like a precision focuser, but weaker-looking ocular arms.
Kind of a mixed bag. Traditionally, the Aerolite line has been their starter course. It's hard to evaluate their new
reprise....and there are so many upgraded and well-proven others out there...the Acculons, Yosemites, NatureViews,
Redfield Rebels, etc.....in that price range.

Many thanks. It's a second hand Chinese made porro I'm thinking of. It's boxed with original case. Good condition.

A recent 7x35 has a throwback 500-ft view, which can be a lot of fun,
and what looks like a nice focus-wheel and hardened piston.
Can't tell on the arms. On average, this batch of Aerolites looks like
old designs with new coatings, which could be cool. I...hope.

Oooh, nice.....the Korean Swifts are a very solid variant.
Great build quality, decent glass. That's like a Binolux X-wide
inside with Empire-style focuser. There are some Binolux
clones for K-Mart from Korea that are very fine.

Thanks to both of you. I've seen the Swift 7x35 WA before. The one I'm looking at doesn't have WA (wide angle?). It's made in China. I don't think it will be as good as the Korean model.

Hi Petrus, well, if it is the vintage model 735, in a yellow box, it should have a FOV 525ft@1000yds, same as mine. Swift made later Aerolite models, the ZCF model 734, which looks well built and has FOV 358ft@1000yds and a rubber armoured ZWCF 500ft@1000yds, looks less well built and probably made in China as it's much later, and not expensive when new, I think around $100 tops, but maybe worth getting at the right price.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back