• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rather silly question... (1 Viewer)

AJP

I used the Leupold binocular harness and love it. However, I cannot attach my Swarovski rainguard cover to the clips (not quite enough room to pull them through). Does there exist some sort of hook and loop that is meant for this? I could just use a piece of string, but that wouldn't look very professional. ;)

Your question is not silly, just fire away, and you may find someone who
may offer an opinion.

Here is what I use. This is a harness, with rainguard attached.

Works well, not string, but a short piece of light cord or shoelace.
Simple and functional.
You cannot purchase this type of thing, it is do it yourself.

Jerry

Attachments

• DSC_0210.jpg
    DSC_0210.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 88
Like Jerry, I just did it myself using both Paracord and Zip-ties. I kind of preferred the Paracord as the zip-ties had a tendency to break and rub the metal of the strap attachment point.

Justin

I personally have zero use for a rain guard tethered to a strap or a harness. I use some nylon cord and tether the rain guard to a strap lug on the binocular. That way each binocular that goes on either the strap or the harness retains it own rain guard. Jerry is right. Use a bit of imagination and some everyday stuff and make what you need. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back