• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

D 7200 and now? (1 Viewer)

swissbird

Hello everybody

First of all sorry for another tread about the already discussed telezooms but i didnt find an answerfor my special question:

Just bought my first camera for bird photography the Nikon D7200 (there was a nice offer). So i am a beginner in bird photography thats why I would like to ask you about the best choice for a nice beginner telezoom lens.

This three are in focus right now:

-Tamron 150-600 mm (Price 900 Sfr.)
-Nikkor 200-500 mm (Price 1 400 Sfr.)
-Sigma 150-600 mm C (Price 990 Sfr.)

About the Sigma I heard some negative things so far for example quality issues and av issues with Nikon cameras.....

The Tamron seems to be quite good and frequently used by many wildlife photographers but here i also heard that av problems can occur (maybe because of lacking adjustment to camera?)

At the moment the Nikkor 200-500 is my favourite, out of the main reason that it is an "original" lens and thus 100% compatible with my D7200, the only two things which lets me hesitating is the price of ca. 400 Sfr more than for the Tamron and the plus in focal lenght in the Tamron.

Thanks in advance for any hints, field reports or alternative lens suggestions.

Roman

Last edited:
Get the Nikon 200-500mm,
compatibility, best image quality, best VR and most likely the best second hand value if you, in the future, decide to sell it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back