• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

upgrade ???? (1 Viewer)

nikon D7200 - sigma 150-600 @ 600 F8 1/250th iso 1250 exp 0.3, sorry about delay in replying.
That's a surprisingly good result at 250. You should be at minimum 800 shutter speed, 1000 is better. If you can lean on a fence post, or a tree it helps. A monopod is another possibility.

Now that you are having more understanding about the camera it could be worthwhile to reread the manual. I did this several times as my ability progressed.
Don't forget to look at Steve Perry and his videos. Backcountry Gallery
Thanks, started watching Steve, but cannot take info in anymore from books , so will keep watching videos and take in bit at a time or I seem to get overwjelmed these days! thanks for the help.

It can be a steep learning! But persevere, it will get easier. I watched some of them several times before fully appreciating what I needed to do.

Still trying the manual mode & auto ISO, getting to grips and speeding up with adjusting the front & rear mode wheels to set the speed and F stop! Still finding F8 is best ;-)
Still drawn towards the darker background!

Attachments

• DSC_2405.JPG
    DSC_2405.JPG
    9.4 MB · Views: 7
  • DSC_2412.JPG
    DSC_2412.JPG
    9.6 MB · Views: 9
Still trying the manual mode & auto ISO, getting to grips and speeding up with adjusting the front & rear mode wheels to set the speed and F stop! Still finding F8 is best ;-)
Still drawn towards the darker background!
For me the darker background is better, it detracts less from the bird than the lighter background.
Keep up the learning!!

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back