• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 10x42 SE vs Swarovski SLC 10x50 (1 Viewer)

trealawboy

Has anyone compared these two binoculars at dusk? Which gives the best view?

I've handled both on several occasions, but not, in the situation I'm thinking of using them, i.e. low light.

I'm aware of the differences between porros vs roofs, price, waterproofing, weight, handling etc.

I'm interested in the view, and primarily brightness and ability to see detail in low light situations. FOV is comparable in these two

Thanks

This might help although not a direct equivalent. I've got the Nikon 10x42 SE and also a Minox 10x52 roof prism. In very low light I can see more with the 10x52. As the astronomers say, nothing beats aperture. The Swarovski should be better than the Minox so it should easily beat the 10x42 Nikon in very low light/darkness.

Except for twilight and other lowlight conditions as noted above, the Nikon !0 x 42 SE has the best "view" in the birding binocular world! No other 10X comes close, whether Roof Prism or Porro Prism. The best review on it can be found here: www.betterviewdesired.com. Click on "reference set."

Bob

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back