• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Year of Birdsong (Cozens & Floyd) (2 Viewers)

davercox

Dave Cox
Supporter
I've just been given this book as a Christmas present. I hadn't heard of it before, and can't find any mention of it on here. At first glance it looks good, and a bit different. Anyone seen it ? Any comments ?

I've just been given this book as a Christmas present. I hadn't heard of it before, and can't find any mention of it on here. At first glance it looks good, and a bit different. Anyone seen it ? Any comments ?
For Cozens read [Dominic] Couzens. Madeleine Floyd's illustrations are certainly different but, in my opinion, unfortunately not good.

I don't think the reviewers have focused on the illustrations, which are truly awful. How many of the reviews are genuine?
I like the lyrebird, and the cardinal is ok. Unfortunately I have to agree with you on the others being awful.

(I didn't realise my reply above would appear as specific to your post - I was making a general comment in reply to post #1 ;-) )

Last edited:
Thanks all. I must admit I haven't paid much attention to the illustrations; it was Mr Couzens' text that I'm finding interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back