• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barred owlet (1 Viewer)

rstephe

United States
A pair of Barred owls nested in a tree in my front yard that got hit by lighting a few years back. Saw the owlet over the weekend out of the home on top but daughter called me at work the next day to say the owlet was on the ground waddling around. She left the garage door up and it came into my garage and perched himself on a bike hanging upside down from the ceiling. I coxed it onto to a stick and placed it outside on the ground for the parents to find it. I saw later the female was perched in a tree above it watching.

Is there more I should do? Should I have done anything differently?

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

It sounds as though you did the right thing in coaxing the owlet back outside where its parents could find it. I don't think there is anything more you can do.

Hi rstephe and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I'm not sure there's much else you can do, apart from keeping an eye on the owlet to ensure he's safe from cats etc. The adults are around so should be able to care for him now.

Please let us know how things turn out if you can.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back