• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Boolean Search (1 Viewer)

Martin_H

Hi all,

Please would someone drop a reply for how to do a boolean search on the BF forum? So, for example, looking for Golden Eagle, I would only want posts containing that phrase and not anything relating to Golden Plovers or Sea Eagles (I have nothing against them in particular, I am just trying to restrict the results a little). The obvious AND does not appear to work.

The search option exists from within FAQ http://www.birdforum.net/faq.php? but I cannot see it with the standard or advanced Search Forum options.

Oh, whilst here, like to wish you all a Happy New Year.

Many thanks

Martin

Until one of our tech gurus sees this post and can answer your question about Boolean operators, you might try the following:

If you'll go to "advanced search" and put "golden eagle" in quotes, check off "posts" so that results are returned by post and not by thread, you should get 886 results where "golden eagle" is mentioned in BF posts.

You can also do similar searches in the Gallery and the Bird Database, if it's photos you're after. Feel free to PM me if you have further problems or questions. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back