• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brimstone Butterflie (4 Viewers)

coaltit

United Kingdom
First Brimstone Butterflie and Butterflie of the year seen about 11:45 am in back garden briefly slightly later than normal, this one a female.

I saw my first brimstone butterfly some weeks ago and have seen several since. Also seen Red Admiral and Peacock.

See this general thread -

Not seen a Brimstone myself yet (in fact don't see even annually).

I saw my first brimstone butterfly some weeks ago and have seen several since. Also seen Red Admiral and Peacock.
Yes generally down south you,ll see butterflies, flowers, (bluebells) good example and (birds) migrants before UP north, with these weather conditions we are having its a struggle here, thou managed to see another brimstone briefly like before last weekend.

See this general thread -

Not seen a Brimstone myself yet (in fact don't see even annually).
Luckily here in south east derbyshire, uk, In march or april I'm confident of seeing Brimstone at least briefly and normally in my garden if it was a bit warmer you could add others to the list even comma, holly blue a bit later in april, with peacock, and small tortoiseshell all possible, with occasional species of other butterflies to add to that list too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back